Terminally ill five-year-old girl lands in Spokane

Source: Terminally ill girl lands at Felts Field in Spokane | krem.com

Thanks to a Facebook post and the generosity of an Idaho pilot, the girl landed at Felts Field in Spokane to spend her final days at home instead of in a hospital.

SPOKANE, Wash. — A little girl’s last wish came true as a jet touched down at Felts Field Friday afternoon.

“This whole experience has rocked me to my core. I don’t know how else to explain it,” Spokane Quaranteam’s Rick Clark said.

The five-year-old girl we know only as “Miss E” was taken off of chemo this week. Doctors in Houston say there’s nothing else they can do.

“All she wants to do is be with her siblings and have pizza,” Clark said. “She wants to take another ride in dad’s truck and that’s what’s going to happen.”

“Her siblings came running up to the plane, you couldn’t hear them but they were squealing, they were so excited,” Leslie Woodfull of American Childhood Cancer Organization said.

Had it not been for a Facebook post and generous pilot from Idaho, “Miss E” might have never made it home to sleep in her own bed instead of a hospital room.

Continue Reading