Gov. Jay Inslee says WA State Patrol won’t cooperate with other states’ abortion investigations

Source: https://spokane.link/XB5IsYoj5m

OLYMPIA — In fiery remarks by the state Capitol steps, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee on Saturday blasted the U.S. Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade as “radical” and “un-American,” and announced the state would fight back through law enforcement, extra support for women seeking abortions and an effort to advance a state constitutional amendment protecting the right to an abortion.

The governor plans to instruct the Washington State Patrol not to cooperate with law enforcement officials from other states who may seek to prosecute violations of their states’ abortion laws as people travel to Washington seeking abortions. Inslee said he would support legislation to make that a statewide policy, binding other Washington law enforcement agencies to the same prohibition.

Good! Abortion bans are unconstitutional anyway.

1 Like

Welcome, Guar, appreciate you registering!

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

It may be a bit before people actually figure out that we’re here, so I’m making it my mission to try and thank every single one of you early adopters who’ve managed to track our brand new forum down in the first place.

It’s always a little tricky starting a site like this because you need lots of early “conversation starters”, and they haven’t really started to show up yet. I am slowly advertising the forum on a few other social networks, but as this site is intended to remain FREE (aside from unobtrusive ads at some point when it grows), it’s not exactly a large ad budget. :smile:

Our main method of new user acquisition will hopefully be through the name of the forums, which are obviously aptly named “Spokane Chat”. Searching for this term on Google will bring some folks here, though it’s not a massively searched keyword phrase in terms of popularity.

Let me know if you have any suggestions / feedback to improve this place.

It just plain takes some time for people to A) realize this isn’t some scam or fly-by-night operation, and B) trust a new platform enough to get involved.

Apologies for the “low action” currently, we’ll get there though.

For that reason, I really do appreciate you taking that small leap of faith and joining. :pray:t2: